Our geological excursion will take place at Point Danger, Coolangatta, beginning at the ‘Coolangatta Scenic Lookout’.
After exploring the park, the group will visit Froggy’s Beach, about 300-meter walk downhill.
There are a number of activities that you can participate in during our geological excursion.
List of activities to choose from:
- Activity T1: Travelling South—the Geologic Map
- Activity T2: Travelling south—Things to see
List of activities to choose from at the Coolangatta Scenic Lookout:
- Activity C1. Centaur Memorial
- Activity C2. Viewing plaƞorm—Lava Flows
- Activity C3. Viewing plaƞorm toward the ocean—Ice Age and Sea Level
- Activity C4. Viewing plaƞorm toward the ocean—Sand Bypass System
- Activity C5. Covered Picnic Shelter—Geological Ɵming
- Activity C6. Covered Picnic Shelter—Check Geological Map
- Activity C7. Pathway around park at northern end—View Froggies Beach
List of activities to choose from at Froggy Beach:
- Activity F1. Froggies Beach—Check the sand
- Activity F2. Froggies Beach—Check basalt boulder pile
- Activity F3. Froggies Beach—Check rough grooved rock plaƞorm
- Activity F4. Froggies Beach—Check fresh basalt rock
- Activity F5. Froggies Beach—Read Geological History