To have committed Adventist teachers, nurturing student disciplers in quality Adventist schools.
To develop Adventist educational communities of faith that promote holistic student development expressed in physical and emotional well-being, Christ-centred worship, academic excellence, caring relationships, and practical concern for others.
Objectives of Adventist Education
- Acknowledges the living God of the Bible as the source of all wisdom and virtue.
- Education is based on biblical principles and understandings.
- Recognises students as complex and unique individuals created in God’s image with a purpose in life.
- Nurtures the balanced development of the whole person.
- Encourages a holistic perspective of faith, learning and practice, with the curriculum addressing the major needs in spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, emotional and vocational development.
- Acknowledges the significant role of teachers as models of Christian grace, demonstrating professional competence in teaching, pastoral care and ministry.
- Encourages excellence in all areas with diverse opportunities being provided.
- Employs methods that are sensitive to the various abilities and needs of all, with students being engaged in tasks individually and collaboratively.
- Regards discipline as the development of self-management and values-based decision-making.
- Teaches, by example, that service to others is our highest calling.
- Maintains a close liaison with families, the school and the Church.